French Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1/2 cup espresso
- 225g 70% cocoa chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk milk, cream, icing sugar and espresso until small bubbles appear around the edges. Do not let mixture boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Return to heat if needed for chocolate to completely melt.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream.
S’mores Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- graham crackers (crushed)
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through.
- Add cocoa, syrup, sugar and salt and whisk vigorously.
- Run a few marshmallows around the rim of your mug so the graham crackers will stick. Then dip into graham cracker crumbs until well lined.
- Pour in hot chocolate and top with 1/4 cup marshmallows each. Using a torch (or you can use the oven) melt marshmallows until browned.
- Top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and extra crumbs.
Slow Cooker Spiced White Chocolate
- 225g white chocolate, in small pieces
- 4 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 200g jar marshmallow crème
- 4 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon sticks before serving.
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. milk chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a medium saucepan, heat up milk, chocolate and peanut butter. Whisk constantly but do not let boil!
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with mini choc chips, peanut butter chips or sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
Mint White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: A few drops of food colouring
- Marshmallows for topping
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and half and half over medium heat until steaming.
- Stir in the chocolate until completely melted.
- Stir in food colouring and extracts until smooth.
- Serve warm.